- Stocks rose because theres a sharp increase of consumer confidence
- Apple Inc. climbed 3.2 percent as the iPhone maker is said to be selling $17 billion of bonds in the biggest U.S. corporate offering on record.
- Avon Products Inc. gained 3.2 percent after earnings topped analysts’ forecasts.
- Stocks dropped because investors lost confidence in the market when DOW JONES beat their record yesterday and they thought “hey this can’t go any higher” so they pulled out.
- Business activity in the U.S. unexpectedly shrank in April for the first time in more than three years.
- Best buy is leaving Europe by selling its 50 percent stake in a mobile-phone venture to partner Carphone Warehouse Group Plc for 500 million pounds ($775 million).
Categories: Equity Capital Markets