U.S. stocks rise after positive economic data
August 22, 2013
DOW JONES Performance today 08/22/2013
S&P 500’s performance today 08/22/2013
Today – Wednesday 08/22/2013
- U.S. stocks rose today after showing improvement in global manufacturing and the American labor market.
- Initial jobless claims rose last week but still at a 5 year low.
- U.S. factory activity climbed to a five-month high, and China and the eurozone reported positive data.
- Overseas reports showed Germany led growth in manufacturing and services in the euro area, while a gauge for China’s factory output unexpectedly showed expansion.
- All 10 S&P 500 sectors rose, led by energy and industrials.