Today – Wednesday January 22nd, 2014
- U.S. stocks fluctuate as corporate earnings remain in the spotlight in investors eyes.
- DOW JONES declined after IBM reported poor quarterly results, which dragged down the index.
- S&P 500 ended green today, but barely due to both positive and negative earnings being reported from companies.
- The reason is that investors have very high expectations for 2014 Fourth Quarter reports after last year’s 30% gain in earnings, but many investors are also saying the reason last year Fourth Quarter earnings was strong was because that is when the Fed decided it will continue pumping it’s $85 Billion stimulus, which has been recently reduced to $75 Billion.
- The Dow declined 41.10 points, or 0.3%, to 16373.34. The S&P 500 was up 1.06 points, or 0.1%, to 1844.86. The Nasdaq Composite Index added 17.24 points, or 0.4%, to 4243.00.
Categories: Equity Capital Markets