- U.S. stocks rally as Fed Chairwoman Yellen signaled that she will continue the $65 Billion stimulus (QE) as she describes the US economy is far from healthy.
- The Dow Jones Industrial Average added 0.82% to 16,457.66, while the S&P 500 rose 0.79% to 1,872.34. The Nasdaq closed up 1.04% to 4,198.99.
- Monday marked the end of the first quarter, and despite early struggles, the S&P 500 rebounded in March to post a quarterly gain of 1.3%. During the quarter, the Nasdaq added 0.54%, but the Dow lost 0.72%.
- The Nasdaq Biotechnology Index gained 3 percent, to trim its loss this month to 11 percent
- Crude Oil is in decline -0.13% to 101.53. Gold is also in decline -0.76% to 1,284.40
Categories: Equity Capital Markets