- U.S. stocks rally as the tech sector bounces back, Yahoo! (YHOO_) and Google (GOOG_) both adding more than 2%.
- Seven out of 10 major industries in the S&P 500 climbed today. Utilities, consumer and energy shares led advances with gains of more than 0.9 percent. Technology stocks rallied 0.9 percent.
- First Quarter for 2014 earnings season just started and Alcoa Inc. added 1.9 percent after the close of regular trading as it reported earnings that topped analyst forecasts. JPMorgan Chase & Co. and Wells Fargo & Co. are among S&P 500 companies reporting earnings this week.
- The Dow Jones Industrial Average gained 0.06% to 16,256.27, while the S&P 500 added 0.38% to 1,851.96. The Nasdaq increased 0.81% to 4,112.99.
- WTI Crude Oil climbed $2.12 to $102.56 a barrel. Gold futures advanced 0.8% to $1,309.10 an ounce.
Categories: Equity Capital Markets