- U.S. stocks rally as some members from the Federal Reserve wonder whether enough stimulus has been injected into the economy as they notice China’s economy is slowing down and the possibility of emerging markets.
- Alcoa’s results boosted optimism at the start of earnings season.
- Eight of 10 main industries in the S&P 500 advanced, with health-care companies climbing 2.1 percent.
- The Dow Jones Industrial Average closed 1.11% higher to 16,437.18 while the S&P 500 was up 1.09% to 1,872.18. The Nasdaq gained 1.72% to 4,183.9.
- WTI Crude Oil rose as much as $1.21 to a session high of $103.77 a barrel. Gold had risen 0.2 percent to $1,311.10 an ounce.
Categories: Capital Markets